Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Banner

Things around here continue to be crazy and fun. I am really excited for Valentine's Day this year because Hudson is getting older and can understand some of the concepts behind the holidays.
Every year we decorate the house(nothing major-just a few hearts) but this year Hudson woke up from his nap and got so excited to see the decorations. We are trying to teach him about love, and how important it is to love one another(especially his little brother).

Last year I saw a really cute burlap banner with glitter hearts on it, on Etsy. I bookmarked it, but the seller no longer sells those banners, so I decided to try to replicate one. I gotta say-it was super easy to make, but turned out exactly like the one I wanted to buy.(Now I am glad I didn't buy one-haha)




The supplies needed to make a banner are:
about .2m of burlap
red craft paint
red glitter
twine or yarn
a piece of cardboard(to make a stencil)

I cut heart out of some cardboard, cut my burlap in triangles, painted the hearts(I put a piece of paper under the fabric-as a lot leaks out), put some glitter on the paint and then I just sewed under the top  edge and fed the yarn through each pennant. Seriously it took 1/2 hour max, and I love the rustic look of it:)




Hudson is eagerly awaiting his birthday which is in a couple of weeks. I have been trying to figure out what to do for his birthday, as recently a lot of his little buddies have moved away. I feel sorry for him because yesterday I asked him who his best friend is (Ethy Baker) and soon little Ethy will be moving away too. I can't believe how hard it is on a mama to see your kids be sad. 
Cooper continues to be an awesome baby. He is getting so chubby and smiley and is getting more of a personality. Cooper loves Hudson and Hudson loves to perform for his little brother's smiles!
We are busy and often tired but I am so thankful that I have this time to be with my little boys. Everyday is an adventure and our kids keep us humble(like when Hudson stole a kinder egg the other day) or his ongoing shenanigans in regards to potty training but it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done!


No comments:

Post a Comment