Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas 2016

I have had so much anxiety over not  keeping up my blog that I just decided I need to start again now.

Today is Christmas Day. It has been a wonderful fun day.
Christmas time has always been a very special time for our family. We started out the month with Lego advent calendars and a return visit from our elf Charlie. It was so cute watching Fletcher get excited to see the rlf every morning, even though he can't even say Charlies name:)

Last year when we moved we didn't bring our Christmas tree with us, so we got  a new beautiful new Christmas tree. It was so fun decorating it. For every ornament that we put up, Fletcher busily was taking others down.

It has been so adorable picking up the boys from School and Having  them be so excited for their Christmas concerts. School went right until the 23rd this year, so just this past week we had both Cooper and Hudson's concerts. Due to Fletcher being 2, we only went to Cooper's concert, but Shane got some pretty adorable video of Hudson's fiere singing at his concert.

This past week was pretty busy. For family home evening we went to the Leduc County Lights festival. The lights are so impressive! The weather was perfect, and it totally put me in the holiday spirit.

Thursday night was our little angels birthday, so we went out to the cemetery and sang her Happy Birthday. We went out to Carls Jr, then went and picked up 6 balloons so send to our girl. I laughed and laughed when I noticed the boys bought a "get well" balloon haha. After our visit, we headed down CandyCane Lane. We were almost not going to go, but I am so glad that we continued our tradition. We had so much fun. Cooper rolled down the window and was yelling Merry Christmas to all of the people walking!! Fletcher was completely mesmerized. It was such a good night.

Friday I was busy getting teacher gifts and primary teacher gifts all gathered when  needed to grab a couple extra gift bags. Fletcher and I ran to dollarama, where I ended up getting barfed on in the line :(
We had planned on going to the live nativity in Spruce Grove(my favorite) but figured we had better not! We stayed home and played games instead.

Saturday morning we were planning on going to see Santa at the Sherwood Park Mall, and then going to a matinee. We managed to go to SING (Fletcher actually made it through the whole movie!!) then Hudson started to not feel so hot. We opted to skip Santa, and Hudson ended up throwing up on the way home. We were so sad because we were supposed to have Joel and Amy and their kids over. This is the second year we were sick over Christmas. Not cool.

We gave the boys their new jammies, sang some carols and sent the boys off to bed.

Shane and I then commenced wrapping all of  the gifts while watching "It's a Wonderful Life".
Hudson is transitioning meds right now and had a really tough time sleeping. There was actually not a lot of sleep that happened. It was a night full of musical beds.

I managed to get a quick shot of Santa in the middle of the night, so the boys were pretty pumped about that.

This morning did not disappoint. They boys loved their gifts, and the room was full of screams and high fives! It was so adorable. I am so thankful for my babies and getting to experience these experiences with them.

Being that Christmas fell on a Sunday, we had church this morning. We got ready and the boys were SO excited to see Cole and Lincoln. Fletcher was a serous nightmare. We hung in the foyer, while he whine-cried "home" for an hour. What I caught of the meeting, was wonderful and once again made me so thankful for My Saviour, and his birth, and sacrifice for e and my family.

After Church, Shane got busy. He researched and prepped, and cooked a wonderful Turkey Christmas Dinner. No one really ate much, but the turkey was cooked perfectly.

The rest of the day was spent playing with toys and playing games with Dad. Christmas really is such a special time.The rest of the day was spent playing with toys and playing games with Dad. Christmas really is such a special time. At about 9 o'clock, we had one last bout of excitement.. The doorbell rang. We were not expecting anyone, but to our surprise we had some Christmas Carolers. There were 4 Filipinos dressed red with guitars and tambourines. They sang screamed Feliz Navidad while me and Shane did our best not to laugh. It was the sweetest thing, and I will never ever forget the "lead singers" low grunty voice or hs massive smile.
I am so thankful for this special time and the sweet memories we were able to make this Christmas season,We are truly blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment