Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year! I love New Beginnings. I love to set goals. Although this post is a bit tardy(as is usually the case with me) I still wanted to write down my thoughts regarding the new year.
First we had a really cute low key New Year's celebration. Both Shane and I worked on the 31st, and Shane had to work on the 1st, so we were not up all night being crazy. I figured since we were keeping it simple and we wanted to spend time as a family that we should do something that the boys would love. Well, turns out, we all really enjoyed Chuck E Cheese! haha!
We had never taken our boys to Chuck E Cheese before, but it was a huge hit! Hudson was wild, and him and Shane went off and played games. Cooper and I went around and played some of the games too, but also played on the play structures that they have there. We ripped through 125 tokens in about an hour and a half, and I even got so into one of the games that I tried cheating(by tipping the machine) and set off a very loud alarm-so embarrassing!
After games we came home and had pizza, then Shane and I watched the new Batman movie with Jan. It turned out to be a really fun evening.
Last year was a really great year for me. I was able to be home with my boys for most of it, and our little family was just really blessed. We had an amazing summer, and I was able to learn many new things and achieve many personal goals. I was Young Women's President for most of the year and LOVED serving the young girls of my ward. As I reflect, I hope I can build from last year and have another great year.

Some of the goals we have as a family are to be better at Family Home Evening-especially since Hudson is at an age where he can handle it more.
We also want to be better with our family Prayers, and work on some financial goals. I must say that this year my goals are more spiritually related. I find that these goals are some of the easiest to be unsuccessful at they require because  a great deal of integrity. No one will be the wiser if I am not personally doing the things that I have covenanted to do. It is up to me to be honest with myself and answer to myself regarding these things. I am hopeful that I will be able to accomplish the things that I desire!
Happy 2013 to all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment