Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our everyday life and a trip to emerg!

In 2 weeks I am headed back to work. How has it been a year already that I was aching from head to toe and miserable(pregnant). I am trying to enjoy every second that I am home with my sweeties and soak up all of the things that I love about our everyday events.

Our sweetheart Machy is 10 1/2 months already. He is sporting 8 teeth and is getting really close to walking. He walks behind his walker toys and is SO proud of himself. He is so different than his brother. It is so fun having two really different kids. They each teach me so many things. Mach loves to sit and play with toys. He is happy as long as he can see his Mama. The minute I leave the room he is bawling. Mach has become so much more mobile. He carefully comes down the stairs now, so when he feels brave, he will leave and go up and visit Hudson in the playroom, then come back and find me. Hudson was always so kamikaze, so it is so weird to have a baby that seems to be so gentle and careful. Just the past couple weeks Cooper has started to clap and wave. He gets such a cute self satisfied look on his face when he does it. He loves to smile and enjoys climbing all over me or Shane when we lay on the ground. By Far Cooper loves Iphones and my laptop the most out of anything in our house. He starts to hyperventilate when he sees an Iphone and will power crawl to go and get it.

all 8 teeth in view

Brothers playing!
 This past couple weeks, we have had a few "adventures" around here. I must say that I am a little shocked that it has taken us this long to have our first visit to the Emergency Room, but alas, it has finally come. Friday August 31, I was out cutting the grass prior to our annual visit home to Slave Lake when Hudson asked me for a freezee. I told him he could go in the house and get one and I would open it for him. A couple minutes later he came running out to me covered in blood and in a scream he said"this is super bad Mom." I assessed my poor little guy and he had cut his pointer finger with a knife while trying to open his freezee. I immediately knew it was bad and that we would be making a trip to the hospital. The cut was very deep, you could see the bone. Hudson was crying, and blood was all over the place, but he did so good at applying pressure and he was so so brave. Cooper was sleeping so we got him up and got a few things together, and made our way to the hospital. When we arrived, the waiting room was full and I knew we would be there for a while. We went to the triage desk (after prying Hudson away from the candy vending machine-where he announced to the entire waiting room that he knew that the candy would make him feel all better) and the nurse asked Hudson if he cut himself. He was very cheerful to the nurse, but in his hilarious dramatic way started bawling as he re accounted his experience.
Thank goodness Shane works at the Grey Nuns and was able to come and get Cooper for a while. Seriously, Hudson was a wild maniac in emerg, and he needed my full attention. Netflix on my phone helped keep Hudson's mind off the candy machine for a few minutes, but this was a very exciting new place and Hudson felt compelled to "explore." He would go from running down the halls, to sneaking back behind the triage desk, to bugging an old senile man, to poking the lady next to us with his Magna Doodle pen, and on and on. In the end, Shane stayed with Hudson when he was done work, and I brought Cooper home. The whole process took about 6 hours, and unfortunately Hudson had to be sedated for his stitches, so he could not eat or drink anything prior(keep in mind the candy machine directly across from my candy addict-not cool). Hudson cut his tendons, and had to have them stitched up, as well as 4 stitches to close his little finger. When Hudson was waking up from his sedation he was being pretty funny. He thought Shane was the Doctor, and was talking really slow. Shane took the opportunity video him, and we have watched it many times! I am hoping that we won't be visiting the hospital any time soon.
The boys having a bath at Gram's. Hudson has his finger all wrapped up thanks to his OT Daddy
 Shane and I have been preparing our budget and getting things ready around here for me to be going back to work. I have a couple of really great people who have offered to take care of my boys, making me feel way more at ease about leaving them. I know Hudson will be okay. I know Cooper has an unbeatable personality, but he also loves his Mama but I know he will be okay too. I love being around them and my heart might break a little but we do what we have to do!
Shane has been working on a new unit at work and he is loving it. It is stroke rehab, and he really feels like he is able to watch his patients progress and he is loving it. He is going to be starting to work a couple weekends a month, and will be taking some of the days off that I am working in lieu of the weekends so that one of us will be home with our boys. Our goal is to have them home as much as possible. Especially for the baby who LOVES his own bed. I feel so grateful that my work has been so flexible with me and that I am able to work part time!
So that is us right now. Maybe not too exciting to many, but for us we are happy and just trying to adapt to change and do our best to keep our little family close.

1 comment: