Thursday, December 12, 2013

The 12 days of...

Sickness!!!
For the last 12 days of Christmas my two little true loves have given me (and Shane)...
  • whining
  • crying
  • grouchiness
  • runny noses
  • sadness
  • sore mouths
  • fevers
  • bossiness
  • insomnia
  • defiance
  • no appetite 
  • and many trips to the doctor!! 
Almost two weeks ago Hudson  woke up in the middle of the night with a really high fever. After 4 days of fever, his mouth and lips became covered in open sores. He could not eat anything, and his mouth was so painful that he would scream throughout the night until the point of losing his voice. Today is day 12 and I am sooooooo tired, but Hudson is finally starting to feel better and the sores in his mouth are healing.
Cooper on the other hand came down with the fever Sunday, and only yesterday did the sores start, so we are sure to have a few more days of an extremely sore mouth!! It really is the saddest thing. Cooper is so hungry but can't eat anything. He pretty much only tolerates milkshakes.
We have missed a birthday party, and our ward Christmas party and are overall just feeling super cabin feverish!! It has been THE WORST!!
So instead of Christmas shopping and wrapping gifts, and enjoying our favorite season, we have been snuggling on the couch watching Dora, petting backs, giving doses of medicine,  and trying to control two very overtired, hungry, grouchy little guys:)

Since leaving the house is at a minimum around here, I did not get my Christmas Cards printed:(. I love getting cards from my friends each year and I am sad that I have not gotten mine out yet.  I did manage to make a card back in November I figured I would share it on our blog. Merry Christmas Everyone!!!


Here are some cards I made for Cooper and Hudson's church teachers-here is hoping we get them printed and handed out.





No comments:

Post a Comment