Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I must say I am happy for a New Year. I like New Beginnings, and 2011 was a hard year for me so I am excited to have it behind me!
We had an incredible holiday season around here, filled with fun and many memories! We were fortunate enough to be able to spend a lot of time with family! My Mom and Dad joined us for Christmas. I feel privileged to have had them with us as it was the first time in 40 years that they left home for Christmas. The reason they left home truthfully was because they currently are homeless due to the Slave Lake Forest Fires that claimed our family home in May.
Some of my favorite memories of this Christmas and our Holiday season were:
  • Watching Hudson play with his workbench and open presents
  • Acting out the Nativity with Clint and Cherie Heath and Kent and Linda Fletcher
  • Having Sacrament meeting on Christmas Day-it was such a nice service
  • Eating Linda's cabbage rolls
  • Watching and listening to Hudson play with Grandma Jan
  • Being able to have Cooper blessed
  • Cuddling with Cooper and seeing so many baby smiles
  • Boxing Day Shopping with my Mom
  • Spending time with my Dad-(Heatley)
  • Being spoiled by my husband
It really was a special Christmas, and looking forward, I think that it is going to be a very special year too. Here's to an awesome 2012!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment