Friday, January 13, 2012

I love Kandee

When I was younger I really struggled with my appearance! I don`t think I am  alone in this, but I definitely considered myself an ugly duckling.(It is tough being a teenager-we are so super critical of ourselves).In my mid-twenties I was introduced to MAC makeup, and then eventually we here in Canada were blessed with Sephora.  I learned to love good makeup and how it made me feel when I wore it. I still love buying make-up, and playing with it, but to be honest I have no idea what I am doing with it.


 


 As a new Mom I think that I have been struggling a bit with the ugly duckling syndrome again, as I battle to make time for myself, lose the baby weight and have a reason to get ready for the day(cuz let`s be honest, I am just gonna get barfed on)
A few weeks ago I stumbled upon this AMAZING girl Kandee Johnson online.She is a makeup artist and an all around cutie. I started to watch some of her make up tutorials on youtube and they are incredible.I have learned so many tips and tricks. She teaches all different styles, and instills confidence in you as you watch her. She is so motivating. She makes me want to take better care of myself and celebrate me just because. There is something about her that makes me feel like she loves people so much and that she just wants to help us all feel more beautiful. It is either that, or my postpartum emotions getting to me-haha. I am so thankful that she has shared her talent with me(and literally millions of other people out there).
Okay, so ladies out there if you haven`t already discovered her, here is a link to Kandee`s website and a couple of her video tutorials. I hope others out there get as much of a kick and a pick me up outta this girl as I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znkjMUgc5-c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NCOuQprwU&feature=relmfu


1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, I love your blogs! I was an ugly duckling with my bad teeth....thank goodness for cosmetic dentistry or I don't think I would have made it through college!

    ReplyDelete