Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh, the places you'll go

I have a special place in my heart for this sweet classic kids book.




I was introduced to it when I was twenty years old by a great friend who thought I could use a little pick me up. I have loved it ever since. 

When I was deciding what to do in Cooper's nursery I saw this sign on etsy, and knew I wanted to include this phrase in Coop's room.

Of course I wanted to be budget concious ......so....... this is what I came up with.


and here it is hanging up!



Shane bought me a cricut as a push present, and my friend Serena gave me her copy of Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 as she was not using it. It was a lot of fun to put these two items to use.(and once again-Thank You youtube for the tutorials on SCAL)
On boxing day, I bought a canvas and some craft paint from Michaels, which only cost me a few dollars, and I ordered vinyl online from this etsy shop. I painted the canvas, added the vinyl, then just roughed it all up with some sand paper-easy peasy.

I am so happy that now I am DONE Cooper's room!(now I can finish the bathroom I am working on:)

No comments:

Post a Comment